Houlton Agricultural Fair
2018 Demolition Derby—General rules
Saturday June 30th , 2018 at 4:00pm
RULES AND REGULATIONS
A. Each driver must be 18 years old or older, with a valid driver’s license and fill out an entry blank. Limit 2 cars per driver.
B. All rules and regulations must be observed or will result in disqualification. Derby officials reserve the right to approve or
reject any and all entries.
C. Only DRIVERS OR PIT CREW will be allowed in the pit area. Each car will have 1 driver & only 2 pit crew. Each must wear
a current derby t-shirt to be authorized to remain in the pit. NO EXCEPTIONS!
D. All team members must pay admission of $6.00 per person (no registration fee for derby).
E. NO ALCOHOLIC beverages are allowed. Any drivers or pit crew caught drinking will result in automatic disqualification of
F. Tires must be stock size and filled with air only.
G. All cars will be inspected prior to the derby for all rules and regulations.
H. NO CHRYSLER IMPERIALS.
I. NO ONE UNDER 18 ALLOWED IN PIT AREA!
1. Any American or Canadian made stock hardtop auto or station wagon is allowed. No trucks, Jeeps, etc. will be allowed.
2. All glass and chrome trim and anything that might become embedded in the track must be removed from the car before
bringing it on to the fairgrounds. Car must be cleaned out including the trunk. Don’t leave broken glass in doors. They must
be cleaned out. Call on windshield questions.
3. A maximum of five (5) gallons of gasoline will be allowed. Stock gas tanks secured in right hand back sear area only.
Safely tie down gas cans. (Recommend 5 gallon boat tank-not required.)
4. No reinforcements of any kind will be allowed. Trailer hitches must be removed.
5. Safety belts and helmets are required. All doors must be welded at least eight (8) inches top or bottom on each end of
each door. Or you may chain doors through each door and around the pot. All doors, both ends.
6. Drivers may maneuver forward or backward. No deliberate head-on collisions or deliberately ramming driver’s door. This
will mean disqualification.
7. A time limit will be set by the judges. If a driver does not hit a live car within the time limit, this can lead to
disqualification. Do not play possum.
8. Do not weld/bolt hoods of engine compartments. Use chain/wire to fasten shut for easy access in case of fire.
9. All cars must be removed from grounds by the owner at the end of the derby. There will be a $10 deposit on each car.
This will be returned when the car is removed by owner. Cars that are abandoned will be turned over to derby officials to
hire wrecker to remove the cars from the grounds.
10. There will be up to 5 individual hearts & a “Free for All” for the first 10 cars repaired & back out on the track.
11. Additional safety regulations may be imposed depending on the condition of the track and derby area. A drivers and pit
crew meeting will be held before the derby for additional announcements and heat assignments.
12. Car numbers will be assigned when registration is received.
13. DECISION OF THE JUDGES IS FINAL.
Houlton Fair Association
Saturday June 30th, 2018
2018 Fire Department Demo Derby
● Event is Open to 4 cyl. & 6 cyl. Cars Only or Mini Vans - No Rear Wheel Drive
● Maximum of 15 Cars - Minimum 6 Cars Allowed
● Windshield In - Rest of Glass from Car Needs to Be Removed
●Gas Tank In Back - 1 Gallon Max of Gas Allowed
● Seat If Wanted allowed in Car
● Trim off Metal to Limit Debris Removal from Track
● Please follow all Demo Derby Rules of our Regular Fair Derby
● No One Under 18 Is Allowed in Pit Area
● Prize Money: 1st Place: $300.00/ 2nd Place: $200.00/ 3rd Place:$150.00
● Traveling Trophy Will Be Awarded
Official Entry Blank
Download PDF Version of all Demolition Derby Forms .
and mail to Houlton Fair Association, P.O.Box 1454, Houlton, ME 0473
Any questions: Write us at Houlton Fair Association at the address above or call John Benn at 532-3540.